Terms and Conditions
The following are the terms and conditions for the sale of goods, which apply to and govern any contract, which we enter into with you. Please read them carefully. An offer to buy goods is conclusive evidence of your acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- We will treat each order for goods as an offer by you to buy them subject to these terms and conditions.
- We have the right at our discretion not to accept any order. If we do not supply goods for any reason we will not charge you for them and we will refund any money already paid for them. We will not compensate you for any other loss, which you may suffer if we do not supply goods.
- If we elect to accept your order we will notify you accordingly. It is only when you receive such notification that a binding contract is concluded with you on these terms and conditions.
- The price for the goods will be as quoted on our web site at the time you place your order, but we reserve the right to remedy an obvious mistake in pricing by charging a proper commercial price to rectify such a mistake.
- Prices quoted on our web site are inclusive of value added tax (vat), and include free UK mainland delivery.
- Goods are subject to availability and delay in delivery of goods is sometimes out of our control. All delivery dates are quoted in good faith. In the event that delivery cannot be made within 28 days, we will contact you to discuss alternative arrangements. You have the right to withdraw from the contract at this stage.
- As soon as the goods have been delivered you will be responsible for them. Delivery is deemed to take place when the goods are delivered to the address nominated by you. However, you will only own the goods when we have received payment for them in full.
- All products supplied are covered by the terms and conditions of the manufacturers warranty. This warranty specifically excludes faults caused by accident, neglect, and misuse. In addition routine maintenance (cleaning of dirty audio/video heads etc.), consumables (styli, plug fuses, cables, batteries, etc.), cosmetic damage and tuning of channels are not covered. If within the warranty period the goods supplied by us become defective, contact Customer Services on 01902 765 600. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- You have the right to cancel up to 7 days after the day of receipt of the goods. What must you do if you want to cancel? You must tell us in writing or another durable form, if you want to cancel. This means by letter, fax or email. A phone call is not enough. After notification we will issue you a returns number that you must quote on the paperwork when returning the goods to electricaldiscountcentre.co.uk, Newhall Street, Birmingham, United Kingdom. Following this, the goods must be returned to us within 14 working days of receipt. If we do not receive the goods back, or evidence that they have been dispatched to us, we will deem that you have accepted the goods and no longer wish to cancel the order. Proof of postage is not proof of delivery. Responsibility and cost of returning the goods to us shall rest with you. Please note that any Special Order Item will not be accepted for refund unless faulty, as the item will be ordered especially for you and subsequently cannot be resold.
- You the customer are under a duty to take reasonable care of the goods within the cancellation period. Goods must be returned 'AS NEW' in the original packaging with all components and accessories. Goods must be complete, unused, and in 'AS NEW' condition (eg if you have opened the box to examine the product it must have been done so without damaging the box and packaging or damaging the product in any way) and must be re-packaged as received. Any 'FREE GIFTS' with the products must also be returned. This does not affect your statutory rights or your right to cancel as a consumer.
- If goods are delivered to you in a damaged condition you must inform Customer Services as soon as possible. If however you do not inform us within a reasonable period of time we will have no liability for the goods in question.
- Goods returned to us remain at your risk until booked into our returns department. We recommend that when returning goods that adequate insurance is taken out to cover any loss or damage that may occur during transit. We will not be held liable for any such loss or damage.
- Refunds, once authorised are usually processed within 5 working days (unless we are awaiting goods to be returned by you in which case they will be processed when they have been checked and booked into our returns department). Please note once we have processed your credit, your issuing bank may not be aware of the transaction for up to 7 working days. In certain circumstances, the refunds process may take up to a maximum of 28 days.
- Goods, which we have agreed to exchange or refund, will be actioned within 3 days of our receiving them (subject to stock availability). Please allow up to 10 working days from the date you return the goods to us, for delivery of the exchanged goods. If you wish to enquire on the status of the exchange after this period please call Customer Services on 01902 765 600 with your RMA number, or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: To assist in the return of goods, it is essential to keep hold of boxes and packaging for as long as possible.
- We cannot cancel your purchase when there is a contract for services with the product and you have started using the services (this would include, e.g. a mobile phone subscription, but not an extended warranty service agreement), the seal has been broken on any videotapes, DVDs, CDs, minidiscs, memory cards, or software or games, or on any personal hygiene products such as shavers or the goods were a special order to your specification or a special delivery arrangement. Whilst the goods are in your possession, you must take reasonable care of them and not use them.
- We take care to keep our web site accurate and up-to-date but you should check the accuracy of information presented on our web site before using it. We will not be liable for any loss suffered by you from any use of information presented on our web site.
- Trademarks and logos displayed on our web site may not be reproduced, downloaded or used by you in any manner.
- Delay or failure by us to exercise any of our rights under these terms and conditions should not be regarded as a waiver of them, nor will any single exercise of such rights preclude any other or further exercise of them.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England and Wales.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and appropriate notice will be provided on this site of any such changes.